It’s the time of our lives. Our 20s are our time to be crazy, free, adventurous, independent and maybe a little reckless.
So if you’re 20 and single, be happy. Don’t go searching for that perf boy yet because you can be happy in your 20s by yourself. Don’t believe us? Then maybe the points below will convince you.
1. You have all the time in your hands. Going out but taking too much time to get dressed? No prob. No one’s waiting, girl. Take your time. When you’re single, you can get out of bed anytime you want or not get up at all and just reschedule your tasks for today to tomorrow.
2. You miss no opportunities. You wouldn’t wanna be that girl who was given a scholarship abroad, or offered a job opportunity in Paris and didn’t take it because you didn’t wanna be far from him. Or even you do take it, you wouldn’t wanna be that girl who’s always thinking about someone who is thousand of miles away and wondering if your relationship will just be fine.
3. No petty fights to get bad vibes from. This is, in my opinion, one of the really good parts of being single. Of course if we’re in a relationship, there’s something the other might do that can ruin our day—even if how small it is. Like maybe he forgot that you’re supposed to meet today, or you might have been too doubtful about their boys’ night out and now he’s pissed and because he’s pissed you’re now pissed too.
4. You can do whatever the heck you want. Go binge-watch your fave TV show, don’t take a bath if you don’t want to, read books all day, yes, try that shaved hair ‘do. Feel like driving to the beach just to feel the waves? Cool, be safe. Feel like packing your bags and going somewhere by yourself? Okay, have fun!
5. Be selfish, no one’s gonna complain. There are some days when we just wanna eat that last slice of pizza, or hog the couch all to ourselves, or watch the TV without having to fight for the remote with someone, or just simply treating yourself to something without having to include someone.
6. Being single is not that big of a deal… yet. You’re just 20, you have all the time in the world to find your match. No one’s gonna pressure you to be in a relationship. No one. So just enjoy being single and not have to worry about somebody asking you why you are.
7. There’s no need to ask for permissions. Oh you’re gonna wear that cute short skirt? Go girl, show those legs. Staying out late with your besties? Yey, enjoy! There’s a seat sale to Korea. Oh you booked it. Great! Now prepare your cute outfits. Kyaaaa.
8. You get to love yourself first. Need I say more?
9. Lastly, you get to spend more time with bffs who are most likely single as well. We’re just gonna end this post with this gif here 😉