Traveling leaves you speechless and turns you into a storyteller, said Ibn Battuta, a Moroccan explorer who lived from 1304 to 1377. It rings true for anyone who has visited new places.
Remember when you visited that new mall on the other side of town or explored the forest behind your grandma’s vacation house? I’m pretty sure you’ve told everyone who has ears (even your cat!) about your mighty exploits…on Facebook! And that’s absolutely fine. You know what happens when people see you go to different places? You rekindle their hearts to want to travel once more.
Roads, rivers, mountains, clouds, they call to everyone. The wilderness calls to everyone.
Why not answer its call?
1. Rainbow Mountains, China
2. The Village of Bagan, Burma
3. Mt. Roraima, Venezuela
4. The Great Blue Hole, Belize
5. Engulfed City of Shi Cheng, China
6. White Temple Wat Rong Khun, Thailand
7. Monastery Taktshang, Bhutan
8. Fort Bourtange, Netherlands
9. Santa Maria dell’Isola, Italy
10. Alcazar of Segovia, Spain
11. Murren, Switzerland (Hotel Edelweiss)
12. Cueva Ventana, Puerto Rico
13. Mount Fuji, Japan
14. Coron Palawan, Philippines
15. Parga, Greece
17. Prague (at dusk)
18. Natadera Temple, Japan (Winter)
19. Menabe Region, Madagascar
20. Phowintaung, Myanmar
21. Mount Pulag, Philippines
22. The Library of Alexandria, Egypt
23. The Marieta Islands, Mexico
24. Jeju-do Island, South Korea
25. Blagaj, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Discover why millions of people fell in love with these places and tell your stories to everyone you meet. Conversely, ask people which places they’ve been to and learn more about the world you’re living in.
Traveling does not only turn you into a storyteller, it also expands your perspective about everything. Traveling cultures you to become a better human, since you’ll be able (or learn to) empathize with hundreds and thousands of people.
Besides, who knows, one day you might find a place that you will call home.
Make friends wherever you go, be happy, and enjoy life.
These are just a few of the thousands of places you need to visit before you die! If you have a place in mind that’s not in the list, feel free to share them below!