Apple has announced the new changes that will come with the new OS update. We’re excited with a lot of things specially the update on iMessages and the option to delete stock apps (finally!).
Declutter your home screen
We’ve all been frustrated with the lack of option to delete the useless stock apps that sit on our home screen gathering dust and wasting our phone’s precious space. Finally, Apple listened. It wasn’t announced during the WWDC but those who were able to update their phone’s with the iOS 10 beta saw something odd — the once untouchable stock apps can now be deleted! Just be reminded that if you delete some stock apps, it might affect some performances of the phone, so we advice that you read on this first before saying goodbye to any app.
iMessages getting cutesy!!
Apple said that the messages app is the most used app in the iPhone. Having learned that, they must’ve felt that there’s a need to liven things up in our inbox and the way we communicate. The demo we’ve seen from the event didn’t disappoint. Here are the following cool changes we will surely be abusing and thanking Apple for for a long time.
- The addition of rich links in text message threads will give users the ability to send a YouTube or Apple Music link that will play right from the thread.
- Emoji are 3x bigger than they were before and the epic full screen mode!
- “Emojifiable” words will be highlighted. With a click, you can turn them into emoji.
- Bubble effects let you change the tone of your message. You can make the text slam down into the thread, appear softly and then grow larger or even hide the message with invisible ink, which others can swipe away.
- Use Digital Touch, scribbles and handwriting to add a personal touch to a message.
These are just some of the really awesome things in the new iOS 10 which will roll out this fall.
Be sure to check out our WWDC 2016 hub for all the latest news from Apple’s big developer event.